K2 Team: Andrew Gottschalk
Lead Negotiating and Stakeholder Management Officer
A psychologist with over 30 years’ experience of securing negotiating outcomes
Help for your business
- Andrew has over 30 years’ experience of supporting executives in resolving complex issues and relationships through negotiating at many levels within and between organisations. He has acted as a consultant on negotiation problems for many major international corporations and not-for-profit organisations across the spectrum of business activity.
Skills and expertise
- Andrew is a highly focused professional negotiator, consultant and coach who combines a no-nonsense strategic approach with a practical vision and realization of what is needed to secure an agreement that creates and retains the flexibility to conclude a subsequent transaction.
- As a negotiating consultant, Andrew has worked in the energy sector, fast moving consumer products, financial services both banks & private equity, government and not-for-profit organisations, labour relations and collective bargaining, manufacturing (for example aerospace, electrical engineering & motor vehicles) pharmaceuticals and life sciences, retail and wholesale distribution telecommunications manufacturing & services.
- His regional experience includes: Western and Central Europe, the Middle East, South and South East Asia, West Africa and North America.
- An international family controlled conglomerate with interests in aviation, banking, civil engineering and petroleum refining and marketing asked us to review their strategic alliance and partnering strategy.
- A leading European pharmaceutical company required our expertise in developing the negotiating competencies of their global business development team. Subsequently we supported these teams in the negotiation of new deals and the re-negotiation of “sour deals” to recover lost value.
- A major European retailer asked us to translate a consultants report on strategic purchasing from paper to reality. This was through workshops and one-to-one coaching before key vendor negotiations. The first year savings were in excess of £20 million.
- A European utility company has asked us to co-ordinate their internal management team, their investment bankers and lawyers to secure the disposal of assets that allow it to complete a major strategic geographical re-focusing of its activities.
- A bilingual psychologist, Andrew has written extensively on negotiating.
- He admits, both proudly and cautiously to twelve years on the Faculty of London Business School and visiting professorships in Argentina, France, Germany, Japan and the Netherlands.