Anton de Leeuw
Experienced Turnaround & Restructuring Professional
Help for your business
Anton’s professional career spans 25 years of eclectic experience, knowledge and acumen; ranging from start-ups to SMEs, and working as a turnaround specialist and various C-suite roles. His career crosses multiple countries and diverse sectors including but not limited to; staycation, research, sport clubs and national associations, science, engineering, manufacturing, automotive, government and public services and digital marketing.
Anton is an avid scholar devoting much of his time to both widening and furthering his depth of knowledge to better understand how to work with business owners, directors and shareholders to turnaround businesses more effectively and successfully – especially currently during such unprecedented times of uncertainty and imperfect information. He is currently reading Law part time to compliment his already rich CV of previous qualifications and training including finance, psychology coaching, verbal behaviour analysis and negotiations, mediation, and core sciences. Above all else Anton delivers a person centred turnaround fostering a culture of success.
- Winner of Turnaround Practitioner of the Year 2022 – TRI Awards 2022 (Turnaround Restructuring & Insolvency Awards)
- Turnaround of a global automotive brand for equity investment of £10 million
- Successful transformation program of international wholesaler ( £35 million) across multiple geographical locations
- Strategic reformation of a European business into a global manufacturer
- Delivered a US based, European subsidiary, registered in two States
- Member of a Leadership Team responsible for strategic international mergers and acquisitions in the Green Tech marketand resultant IPO in the United States, specifically focussing on acquired business transformations and integration into the group
- Transformed and implemented various global (and national) distribution programmes
- Various successful international commercial negotiations on behalf of clients during turnarounds.
- Transformed start-up into top 5 supplier of parts to US Military Contractor and subsequent sale of business included in IPO (8 years)
- Delivered two franchise businesses from start up to MBO in both Scandinavia and Europe
- Senior Scientific Advisor to the Government responsible for overseeing and commissioning research into Mycobacterium bovis control and surveillance
- Advisor to the Independent Scientific Group
Privately Anton is an accomplished international athlete representing both South Africa and England in field hockey. Furthermore he is an international endurance athlete competing in the Adventure Racing World Series World Championships where he has been responsible for campaigning for equality of female athletes. In 2021 Anton will captain the first ‘female’ team in a world championship.
He has also restructured, and chairs one of the largest Hockey clubs in the UK and is Chair and CEO of an innovative education business delivering blended learning to foundation students within an ecological residential setting.
Anton also manages the business administration for an international regenerative leadership programme and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society for his experience and contribution to overland expeditions.