It is possible that merging with or acquiring a rival business may be the key to survival in the future.
A key issue a board needs to face in the current circumstances is to develop an M&A strategy for the business to address as appropriate both:
- Ensuring survival requirements, and
- Taking advantage of growth opportunities.
The initial questions that need to be considered are:
- What is our objective of the proposed merger / acquisition activity?
- How are we going to identify appropriate targets and terms to meet these objectives?
- How are we going to manage the process?
You can find out more in our latest Board Briefing 👇🏻